Thursday, 10 February 2011

New Virtual Gallery!

Virtual Gallery
This is brilliant. I have always been fascinated by the process of 3D game creation so when version 1 of Unity came along I jumped at the chance to own it. Due to work commitments though, I have only just started easing myself back into learning the beast and thought a walkthrough gallery seemed a simple but effective opportunity to beta test some of Unity 3's new features such as lightmapping and occlusion culling. Next up will be standalone versions for Mac and PC, then an iphone version for the millions of you desperate for mobile versions of my work. I'd best insert a smiley here in case anyone thinks I was genuinely being inappropriately arrogant :). I'm hoping to grow this idea as I learn more about programming in Unity. For example, you might notice a couple of virtual 'sculptures,' which are actually  characters taken from the paintings of genius Hieronymus Bosch. Once I figure out how to give them artificial intelligence they'll be crawling all over the gallery. And what if someone liked an image so much they wanted a print? No problem press this button to order sir... possibly getting ahead of myself a smidge.

New Tab, 'Motion'
So once it was done the question then became where to store my new virtual gallery? Eventually I decided to add a new tab to the website called 'Motion,' a home for interactive, animation and motion graphics experiments. I have also added an old tester scene which explores the possibility of turning my picture book, 'Piggotty Wood' into an interactive app. I'd love to know what you think of either project so please do use my contact page to  - er - contact me. Click on images to enlarge.

Piggotty Wood Tester